Toberman Neighborhood Center
Frequently Asked Questions


What services do you offer?

Our services continuously evolve to meet the demand of the community. We currently offer a food pantry, transportation assistance, adult education classes, a College to Career Center, public counseling, medical and Calfresh programs, therapy for children, Afterschool and Summer Camps, and Gang Intervention and Prevention Programs

What documents are required to access services?

We require current proof of income as well as proof of address.
For school-age kids, we also require a current report card.

What days are you open?

We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. 

Do you offer court-mandated classes?

Yes, we offer court-mandated classes. Call (310) 832-1145 for more information. 

Do you offer parenting classes?


Can I fulfill my community service requirements?

Yes, we currently offer fulfillment of our requirements through either court-ordered community service or community service required for high school students.

Do you offer immigration services?

Yes, we assist with filling out applications as well as referring clients to legal services.

What are walk-in dates for pantry services?

Our Food Pantry hours are based on the client’s last name. Please see below for the appropriate walk in times:

New Clients and Homeless Clients                    Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Last Names starting with A – L                         Tuesday  9:00AM to 5:00PM, Thursday 1PM-5PM
Last Names starting with M – Z                        Monday & Wednesday  9:00AM to 5:00PM

What days can I pick up my monthly and weekly pantry distribution?

The Monthly Food Box is provided once between the 1st and 15th of the month.
The Weekly Food Box is twice per week between the 16th and 31st of the month.

Do you offer individual counseling?

Yes, we currently offer individual counseling for kids and teens.

Do you help with rental assistance?

We currently offer rental assistance on a case-by-case basis and according to available funding. Please contact us for more information.

Do you offer utility assistance?

We currently offer the LIHEAP, which offers assistance once per year for either SoCal Gas or LADWP bills.

Do you provide emergency food?

We currently provide emergency food only to clients that have not yet signed up for services.

When is the College to Career Center available to use?

The College to Career Center hours are: 

Monday & Wednesday: 12:30 PM  – 6  PM

Tuesday & Thursday: 2 PM -6 PM  and Friday: 10:30 AM -6 PM